Motor Decisions Matter (MDM) is a national awareness campaign that promotes effective motor management. MDM campaign sponsors developed the 1-2-3 Approach to demonstrate the financial impact of common motor-related decisions.
The 1-2-3 Approach is a good starting point for small to medium-sized companies that might not have the resources to develop a motor management plan. Using a limited amount of customer input, the tool calculates annual motor operating costs and presents financial data for future decisions based on life-cycle costing. In this way the 1-2-3 Approach user can make an informed decision on whether to repair or replace a motor before it fails, and plan accordingly.
Here’s what the 1-2-3 Approach can do
- calculate energy cost and potential energy savings
- calculate (and compare) the financial impact of repairing or replacing motors
- determine the payback periods for NEMA Premium motors
- calculate return-on-investment and net present value
- print tags that identify the best repair/replace options for each motor
- generate a summary report
Contact Flolo today for more information on how MDM and the 1-2-3 Approach can help save you money.