From its modest beginnings in 1943, The Flolo Corporation has grown into a multi-faceted Electro-Mechanical repair facility, Power Transmission Distributor and Custom System Integration company.
Nils and Louise Flolo started Flolo Electric by repairing sump pumps and electric motors in their Franklin Park basement. By 1945, the Flolo Electric Company, as it was originally known, was licensed and began expanding to Field Service and Electrical Contracting and Installation. A few years later the three Flolo sons, Arne, Norman and George began working for the company as they became old enough.
In 1950, the company relocated into its first industrial building in Franklin Park increasing its repair capacity. The following year, Flolo Electric became an authorized distributor for Master Electric Company, which soon became part of Reliance Electric. Flolo was now in the distribution business as well as the repair business.
Having outgrown this location, in 1963 Flolo moved to a new location in what was then unincorporated Franklin Park. The building had two additions built on to increase warehouse and repair space. Now, in 2017 Flolo has moved to a new, larger and more modern facility in West Chicago.
In 1968 the Flolo Systems Group was formed as an engineering-based system integrator and custom control panel assembly group. Panels designed and built by the Flolo Systems Group are operating equipment across the globe on as many as four continents,
In the mid-1980s the company changed its name from Flolo Electric to The Flolo Corporation to better reflect the diversity of products and services offered by Flolo. Very few companies in the Chicago area, and indeed throughout the entire U.S., have the capacity to do all that Flolo does.
Original Flolo Logo
New Flolo Logo